Feminist Embraces Chastity
S. Brinkmann, Women Of Grace, September 12, 2016
- Article includes link to original op-ed in the Washington Post.
- 32-year-old businesswoman and virgin.
- Says she's "never been happier."
- "Maybe they realize that a condom doesn't protect the heart, and that true love is something worth waiting for and fighting for."
- "Chastity is a lifestyle, centered on freedom and love, that challenges all people to love themselves and to love others in the most perfect way possible."
Cosmo Learns About the Church's Consecrated Virgins
Kathy Schiffer, National Catholic Register, September 16, 2016
- "The story of Carmen Briceno, daughter of a diplomat"
- In the first centuries A.D. of the Catholic Church "women made private vows to belong fully to Christ and not marry. These were the early virgin martyrs like Agatha and Lucy, who were executed for not wanting to marry Roman citizens because they were already vowed to God. They lived [with] their families and dedicated themselves to works of mercy in their community. They loved the Lord so much they wanted to give all of themselves to Him."
St. Agatha, virgin & martyr. Patroness of breast cancer patients. (Catholic Culture, EWTN, New Advent)
St. Lucy, virgin & martyr. Patroness of eye disease, blind people. (Catholic Culture, EWTN, New Advent)
NON-CATHOLICS & DISSENTERS USING CATHOLIC NAME
Bishops rebuke "Catholics for Choice" for Deceptive Ad Supporting Abortion
Kathy Schiffer, Seasons Of Grace, September 15, 2016
- "... Despite what is implied by its name, Catholics for Choice ... has no affiliation with" the Catholic Church, but is "financed by grants from ... secular organizations pushing a pro-abortion agenda."
- "The misguided campaign of the so-called 'Catholics for Choice' ... misrepresents the moral guidance of our Church.
- "Nor is it clear why this small activist group insists on describing itself as 'Catholics' when it apparently declines to embrace and live the principles of the Catholic faith." [emphasis mine]
- "Someone cannot call themselves a Catholic, yet reject the sanctity of life by active support of abortion."
- "The ad also offers a false choice between caring for women and caring for the unborn. We must love them both."
- "CFC is not affiliated with the Catholic Church in any way. It has no membership .... It is funded by powerful private foundations to promote abortion as a method of population control."
Catholic Culture's site review of Catholics For Choice (aka Catholics For Free Choice). They give the CFC site a rating of Red (Danger), and provide examples of why.
Per Our Lady's Warriors, Bishop Bruskewitz excommunicated those Catholics in his Diocese who belong to this group. (Scroll down to Catholics for a Free Choice.)
OVERPOPULATION MYTH (inside link)
STUDIES & SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
STUDY: Religion contributes more to the U.S. economy than Facebook, Google and Apple combined
Julie Zauzmer, *The Washington Post, September 15, 2016
- Appeared in Interdisciplinary Journal of Research on Religion
- Faith-based enterprises such as hospitals, schools, charities, gospel musicians, halal food makers: over $378 billion a year (not including Christmas shopping)!
- "The largest chunk of that $378 billion tally comes from faith-based health-care systems."
- "Religious charities also contribute to the economy....The study counted 17 more faith-based charities, all among Forbes's 50 biggest charities in America..."
- "Almost all the charities are Christian, except for the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee..."
- "Religious revenues also include faith-based colleges and universities..."
- "...Christian book industry, sales of Christian music, the Christian cable networks EWTN [Catholic] and CBN"
- Traditional kosher foods (but not included were the certified kosher products that mostly non-Jews purchase), halal foods.
(STUDIES) Studies find LGBT youth more likely to use drugs, smoke, drink, engage in risky behavior
Mark Hodges, LifeSiteNews, September 15, 2016
- 15 researchers "poured over the U.S. Center for Disease Control's Youth Risk Behavior Survellance System"
- (STUDY) Sexual Identity, Sex of Sexual Contacts, and Health-Related Behaviors Among Students in Grades 9-12 -- United States and Selected Sites, 2015, at PubMed.
- (STUDY) Substance Use and Sexual Risk Behavior in Sexual Minority Hispanic Adolescents at PubMed.
LA model pressured to have abortion by Hamill family of 'Star Wars' fame
John Henry Westen and Elisabeth Fritz, LifeSiteNews, September 15, 2016
- As "countless testimonies from post-abortive women attest, the pressure exerted on women to kill their children -- by husbands or boyfriends, and even their own families -- is often so extreme as to make the word 'choice' a mockery."
- "...Nathan insisted that she abort even though she resisted, in part due to the trauma she had experienced from a previous abortion"
- "... Nathan would not accept adoption as an option when she suggested it, calling the proposal 'selfish'."
- Nathan's parents, Mark Hamill and wife Marilou, "also pressured Maegan to try another abortion..."
- "Mark told me it was just crazy to bring a child into the world that no one wanted. No one asked me if I wanted her..." (emphasis mine)
- The Hamills tricked her into an abortion consultation while overseas
- Marilou (Hamill) told her that her only option was abortion, and "With baby, you won't see [Nathan]; without baby, you will."